Oregon's Elite Training Academy is the premier MMA and Arnis, Escrima, and Kali Training Academy in all of Eugene, OR and surrounding areas
Arnis, Kali, Escrima
- Arnis, also known as Eskrima and Kali, is the national sport and martial art of the Phillipines.
- This sport emphasizes weapon-based fighting with sticks, knives, and other bladed weapons.
- The three are roughly interchangeable umbrella terms for the traditional martial arts of the Philippines ("Filipino Martial Arts," or FMA) that emphasize weapon-based fighting with sticks, knives, bladed weapons and various improvised weapons. It is also known as Estoque (Spanish for rapier), Estocada (Spanish for thrust or stab) and Garrote (Spanish for club)
- Arnis also includes hand-to-hand combat, joint locks, grappling and weapon disarming techniques. Although in general, emphasis is put on weapons for these arts, some systems put hands as the focus and some old school systems do not put emphasis on weapons at all
- Practitioners of the arts are called arnisador (male, plural arnisadores) and arnisadora (female, plural arnisadoras) for those who call theirs arnis, eskrimador (male, plural eskrimadores) or eskrimadora (female, plural eskrimadoras) for those who call their art eskrima, and kalista or mangangali for those who practice kali